Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cookies?


For the girl's play date this week I made up a few ornaments that I figured they would all have fun painting. Well my girls never got around to painting them for they were not dry enough. I did bake them for 3 hours, but no big deal they really didn't need a craft anyway.
So I left them out on the counter to dry over night. As I looked at them I thought to myself how much they looked like cookies. I even wondered if I should write a note to let the hubby know that these were NOT cookies. He was out at a Christmas function. The thought did cross my mind that when he got in late and perhaps tipsy, he might want a "cookie".
As you might be able to tell one of the candy canes is missing it's hook. That is not because it broke. I was right, Hubby did want a "cookie" when he got in late. I had to laugh when he told me that he tried one. In fact I laughed HARD! I also found out why one should not eat the cinnamon and applesauce ornaments. Apparently it really burns the inside of your mouth due to all the cinnamon. I did ask him if he though they were a little hard, but he said they were the way he likes them...crispy.
I had the girls paint them today. They too though that Daddy eating them was pretty funny. Needless to say I hope he learned a lesson.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

thia still makes me laugh SO HARD!!!

Moonbird said...

I love it!
I've made those cinnamon "cookies" with my sunday School class. They smell yummy, but no on tasted any, as far as I know.