Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Little Bit Frugal

I have a list a mile long of craft projects to complete. I think I continue to add to the list instead of completing items on the list. However once I finished painting the dining/computer room I was a bit motivated. Photos have been rehung, baby photos of little B were taken and hung as well. Now I just needed to upgrade my memo board by the computer. I used to have a metal strip on the wall that I hung magnets off of, but I am tired of that and need more room. I wanted a "fancy"cork board but was not happy with the $20+ price tags. I knew I could do better.


So off to Michale's with my 40% coupon. I found a 11x14 piece of cork for $1.25, a black frame for $2.99, and a piece of scrapbook paper for .79


So for $5.00 this is what I came up with:



I added the metal strip at the bottom of the frame too. I like that I have the option of cork or magnets now. The paper goes very well with my green walls. (not that in this picture you can see that) This is a bit of color now by the computer instead of just papers.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Looks great!