Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girl Fun

I saw these in the most recent Klutz catalog and thought they sounded like fun.  The only problem was that I couldn't find them around.  Then as luck would have it I found them at Borders the other night.  Even more luck was that I had a 40% off coupon that I used too!!!  The girls and I decided to try them the very next day.  We are LOVING them.  It is super easy and the paints make quite a few.  The hardest part is waiting a full 24 hours till they are wearable.  This is now a playdate staple.  I highly recommend them.  Now if I can only figure out what kind of paint they use I am golden.  The replacement kit of paint is $12.00 not including shipping.  That is more than I paid for the kit in the first place. Plus the only colors they sell are the same that come in the kit.  Guess it means I will have to hit my neighborhood Joann's or Michael's and buy some different paints to try. 

Using the provided plastic and paints, drop dots of paint in a row.

For an additional effect use a toothpick and swirl the paint while wet.



When they dry it is a cool rubbery bracelet.  Oh I guess I don't have any after shots.  sorry!






No comments: