Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry Picking

Today I took the girls strawberry picking. We went with my friend who has twin 4 year old girls. This is something I remember doing with my Grandparents many,many years ago. We arrived at the farm at 9:00 and had a very HOT time. We decided that we are not geared for migrant work. The girls did a good job, but 4 year olds are not the best pickers. Add the heat and they were "finished" after about 20 minutes. In their defense, I too was finished after about 20 minutes. The problem was that I had yet to fill my baskets with the sweet juicy goodness. B was ready to trade her half basket for my almost full one. As soon as A saw this she too wanted to trade up. I knew her motive was all about eating not picking so I was not quick to trade with her. All in all the girls did great and we ended up leaving with 2 baskets full. Now to decide what to make with all of these.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

fun!! i love that B is wearing my old sunglasses :)

Alicia said...

Yummy! Send some this way!!! Those too get cuter all of the time! Love you all!

Jen said...

Great pics! Was that on Highway 50 by chance?