Monday, July 20, 2009

Another First

On Sunday we decided to have a family outing. The weather was not so summer like, it was about 68 degrees, so we thought it would be a good day to hit the Bristol Renaissance Faire. This is one place we have wanted to go, but never thought it was a good time. Now that the girls were older and it was not so hot we thought we'd try it. I grabbed a few coupons and off we went.
Well I had no idea as to what I was getting myself and family into. It was what I picture a Star Trek convention to be like, but with all dressed in the time of the Renaissance. I have never seen so many bosom or weirdos. Now I'm sure most were not strange people who dressed up just to attend the faire. No I'm thinking many were "actors" that were paid to dress up and walk around. As soon as I walked through the parking lot and looked around I began wondering what am I doing to my girls? All in all it was a fun activity. I would not go again due to the extreme amount of money it could cost. We paid to enter and then were expected to pay for each kiddie activity. Needless to say, "We don't play that game". The only ride I paid for was the ELEPHANT ride. I mean 5 bucks and you get to ride an elephant! The ponies alone cost $4. B was so excited to go on the elephant. A... not so much. She cried as soon as she got to the top of the steps. So just Daddy and B got to ride.

Here we go!

Not my little girl at the back of the elephant

3 comments:

JCR said...

Wow!! I was just looking into this (around here) and am dying to go. Of course Carly is too young, and the one out here is quite far away and only runs a few more weekends. So we're going to wait until next year. Great pictures, though! I wonder if ours has as many odd people.

T3h Qu33n said...

Ren Fairs are very weird. Oddly enough, the people you encountered were not actors. I have a friend who dresses up each year. I will dig up a picture of him and post it somewhere. I never wanted to go because they are weird.

Jen said...

Looks like a great time. An elephant....wow!!