Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby Crafting

I have been able to get my crafting hat on for a few minutes each day. I am glad to say that baby B has stuck to a 2 hour morning nap. (CHEER!!!) This has allowed me a bit of time to work on a few things that have been on my "want to make list" since he was born 5 months ago. Luckily for me a friend of mine just had a new baby girl, so the urge to sew hit me hard. I decided to make a few burp cloths somewhat following the tutorial from Homemade by Jill. I really liked how they turned out.

I then kept going. I have found that Baby B really likes his crinkle blanket, so I whipped one of those up too.

I love this fabric. It is super cute and soft since it is a flannel. The ribbons are a fun touch.
Lastly I made my favorite personalized onesie. I have a new sewing machine which has an embroidery stitch. I am getting used to it, so this might not be the best. I think my favorite part was adding the little bling in the middle of the flowers. Every girl needs bling!


Lastly I wanted to make a little something for the mom. Since this is her 6th child, I figured she has gotten many a baby present in her day. I wanted to find something just for her. After searching the Internet for a little I came across some special cookies. These "magic" cookies help produce more breast milk. Hey, that is what they claim. I decided to google a little more and found an oatmeal chocolate chip recipe to try. Now all I had to do was find where I could buy brewers yeast (the magic ingredient). Luckily Whole Foods carries it :) The recipe makes a whole lot of cookies so there were plenty for me to keep and give some as a gift. I eat one a day and I swear they work. I have been pumping a bunch to stock up for my return to work.



So that about covers my crafting for a few days. Love me a baby to make things for!












2 comments:

Jen said...

Where were those cookies when I needed them! I am pretty sure they would have helped =). Everything looks great as always!

Natalia Paola said...

wow super