Monday, February 9, 2009

Been A While

I can't believe I have not posted since last week. I am so sorry. I know I can't stand it when the blogs I read don't post new stuff for me to read daily. And then here I am doing the exact same thing. I guess it is just more fun sometimes to read other's stuff than to type my own.

In the past week I have joined a women only weight toning class, made and frosted 25 large heart sugar cookies, tackled upteen messes, fixed one basement light fixture, (this required me to rewire the light switch box), many loads of laundry (my girls have discovered the quickest way to "clean" their room is to throw all the laundry clean or dirty in the laundry basket), time outside, had portraits taken of the girls, printed Valentine's day cards, addressed them and sent them out, sent out Valentine's Day surprises, and attended a mini high school reunion. I know compared to your week I still should have blogged, but remember I am not as good as you.

I am proud of myself for joining the weight class at the gym. I am not a big fan of doing something without a friend along. I do not like new groups of strangers. I decided however that this would be a great opportunity for me to learn some toning techniques. So I did it and liked it.

The second major adventure for me was my high school reunion. It was not a special year or anything, just a facebook idea. Quite a few different graduating classes met at a local bar and had a good time. Why is this a big deal? Well I don't talk to anyone really from high school anymore. I do a little due to facebook, but not in person. So I was not sure I wanted to attend this gathering. Plus, back to my fear, I did not have a friend to go with. I made myself go with the plan that once I got there I would know people. I made it and had fun! One never gets tired of hearing,"You look exactly the same!" or "Why don't you look older?" It was also fun to see the girls that have changed. Some of them not for the better by the way.

Not the most exciting post, but that about sums up my week. I will try to do better next time.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

just a week-in-the-life of jes :)hope the weight class is going well! glad you had fun at the "reunion"...so proud of you for going alone!!

JCR said...

Oh wow, that's great that you went to the reunion. I'm so proud of you! I don't know if I would have been brave enough to go on my own.

I have Valentine's stuff for you guys but don't want to deal with two sick kids at the Post Office. Will try tomorrow!