Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Purple Wall

I have been trying to think of a color to use for our fireplace wall for a long time. I have no skill when it comes to decorating. I like to think I do, but I don't. in my head the ideas look great, but reality is that they do not. Sort of reminds me of my crafting ability. I watch the design shows and wish and hope that what I watch will be transferred by osmosis and the ability to transform my yucky home into a dream home will be there. But alas, it doesn't seem to work that way.

Anyway, I finally decided that dark purple would work with my dark green couches. Red too, but I don't want a forever Christmas room. After about 1 hour with my "helper" my job was finished and this is what I have now. Sorry for no BEFORE shots. I forgot due to the enthusiasm of A wanting to get into the paint and brush. But I'm sure you can figure it out with the rest of the walls being tan. This one was too.



The only problem now is that I like this wall, but now feel like the rest of the wall need new paint. Perhaps a grey-ish color?

4 comments:

Victoria said...

LOVE it! And cute new mantle pieces :) Glad A was able to "help" ya....

JCR said...

This is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love the new white pieces, too. I think grey would look divine. My master bed/bath is purple and dark grey. (And green.)

Jen said...

Wow! That looks great!!! Great job Jess!!

Kat said...

I LOVE IT!!!!