Saturday, November 14, 2009

Early Christmas Activity


My husband's favorite Christmas story is A Christmas Carol. We have a number of different DVDs, all different versions of the story. So when I found out that the Marriott Theatre in Lincolnshire was putting on the stage version I knew we had to go.
I was all set to go later in the holiday season until B came home from school with a field trip notice. The class was going to go see this play at the beginning of November. I wanted B to see it with us as a family before she went with her class. So...
Today was the day! The performance was very well done. Both of the girls really liked it and were not scared one bit. It was the children's version type show so I knew it would be safe for A. It also meant that the entire performance would only be about 1 hour. Perfect amount of time for my little wiggle worms. Hubby had a great time too with his daughters.
I was a little worried that B would not want to see it again next week with her class, but she actually said she is really looking forward to seeing it again.
All in all it was a good way to start the season a bit early. Was a little funny to step out of the theatre into a sunny 60 degrees. Sure didn't feel like Christmas.

No comments: