Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Darn DNA


So I have my Dad's chubby face, hands, and feet. Yet I lack his artistic ability! I think that with chubby the ability to paint and draw should come. It seems fair, right?
This is a view of the picnic table that my dad finished with the girls today. Yes Grandpa is just the most creative man I know. I only wish I had a before photo of this piece of crap too. Let me say that this red stained table was totally rotted and apart due to the fact it is about 15 years old. ( It was my sisters' when they were little) In fact, I told my dad to just throw it away.
Good thing he doesn't listen to me! He repaired it, painted it , and today had the girls put their hand prints on it. He then turned the hand prints into flowers! Oh, he made and painted the large flower too. Aunt Vic added her prints too, but you can't see them on the bench -Sorry!
Some say I too am creative. I agree that I am creative, yet I just wish I had the skill to make my ideas real. Well if my girls are lucky they will have inherited this gene since I did not.

3 comments:

JCR said...

That is sooooo cute! Wow. I love the extra flower on top. I have a table I've been dying to repaint, but I am lacking creativity. BTW, you are one of the most creative people I know!

Kat said...

Totally jealous! If your dad is bored I have a lot of stuff he can make pretty!!

Anonymous said...

fine, i see how it is....