Sunday, June 24, 2007

So Much for Culture

Tom and I decided that we would take the girls to the Chicago Museum of Art yesterday for a little culture. What a trip!

The museum is not really geared towards kids. Yes, they do have a touch and feel exhibit, it can be found right under the stairs. And I mean under the stairs. It has about 4 heads to "feel" The girls were not impressed. They did however like the miniature rooms display a little.

On to the real art. I totally forgot how naked many women are in the art. I actually had to quickly get the girls out of a few rooms due to the graphic paintings. And I do not mean just naked bodies. It is also because I was scolded by a "guard" after I let the girls touch some statues. Hey if you don't want them touched put them in glass like the others! Would the guard have scolded an adult for touching? I think not.

I was also told in another room not to carry A on my back for it is dangerous. At this point I was ready to go. A really liked the fact that every room had an echo and most people did not. I did find it kinda funny. So after about 1 hour we decided it was time to go. So across the street to Millennium Park we went

Have you been? If not, I don't recommend it. It was a strip of dirt and water next to a busy road. Park?! Where is the green grass and trees?

All in all I think our culture cost more to park the car than anything else. B did learn that she should not touch any wall due to the fact that people pee on them. Yes I did tell her this. She thought long and hard and then asked,"how do people get their butt on the wall to pee?" I didn't really want to get into the fact that those who do the peeing are not girls.

So tears and laughs, and the day was done.

1 comment:

JCR said...

Oh no! You get snaps for attempting a day of family fun and culture, especially downtown. I would have forgotten about the naked people, too. I got scolded once at the Guggenheim because I took a sip of my bottled water. I'm pretty sure I cried... Those people can't wait to catch you doing something wrong!