Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Requested Story

For some of you this is a repeat story, but enjoy anyways.

Yesterday I went out for my 10 mile bike ride like I do 3 times a week. However this ride was much different.
To begin I found that our Ipod had no power, so I had to ride tuneless! As I was going to cross the path to a closed part I got "reminded" by the forest preserve "cop" that the trail there is closed. Oh I played dumb and told him I was just getting water not planning to go that way. For the record, I was totally going to go the closed path way :) So onto another path. While riding I noticed that my front tire needed air. No problem for I carry a pump on my bike. Remounting my bike I began to notice that the pants I was wearing started to get caught in the gear sprockets. Not a good thing to have happen while riding. Now at this point you may be thinking "why did you not turn around and just go home?" Well, that would be because I ate so much ice cream this weekend that I needed to try to burn some of it off. So on we go!
I now am continually pulling up my pant leg and trying to get it to stay up while ridding. Not as easy as one might think might I add.

At this point I have ridden about 5 miles and decided time to turn around. I have never ridden this path back home and now I know why. The hills are way easier going than coming back!
Now only about a half mile to go till I reach home :)
This is it. Just cross the street and I am just about home. Stop at the street to cross, press cross button and OH MY GOSH! I fell right over!!! I had one foot out of my pedel basket, but for some weird reason My body wanted to go the other way. Couldn't get that foot out in time so I just fell over on my knee with my foot still in the basket. Now this could have been much worse like there could have been cars stopped, or many of the high school boys that were out running could have been there. Lucky for me there was only 1 boy. I don't know how I did not hear him laugh, but it didn't seem like he did. For the record, he didn't ask if I was ok either. But oh well. So I cross the street and ride the next few minutes home in pain. Needless to say I did not ride today I am taking the day off!

1 comment:

JCR said...

This is why mall walking is my workout...