Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nature Fun

Today for our Camp Mommy Adventure, I took the girls to a spot that I have yet to go to. It is the River Trails Nature Center. My parents took the girls there a long time ago, but I had not been since I was young. It has been redone and is really good. The best part is the kids hands-on rooms that are chock full of nature and exploring. Actually better than that is that it is all FREE! We were there for almost 3 hours. The girls just kept finding new stuff or returning to play with something again. I really liked how clean it was and totally empty. We were the only ones there for most of the time. It was nice to see a place that has a mix of age appropriate activities as well as family activities. We read books, had puppet shows, played games, did puzzles... you get the idea.

B made many spider webs.

books, puzzles, games...oh my!

eagle's nest and a fox den

HUGE tree trunk

See, it is a really big trunk!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

wow! what a fun day, sorry i missed it :( i have yet to go to that place.