Sunday, August 30, 2009

Maternity Colors

For a couple of hours today I spent it trying on clothes, maternity clothes that is. I have been lucky enough to be given clothes by 3 different friends to use. I wish I still had some of my pieces, but alas I gave it all away after my last one. I should have known better. While doing this I did take a break or two for kid intervention, but I also had a lot of maternity clothes to go through.

As I was trying on shirt after shirt I noticed that most of the maternity colors my 3 different friends have "donated" to me are all drab. There are no bright cheery colors! Why? I even noticed this at Target and Kohl's the other day. Why only basic black, white and gray? Where is the bright blue? The purple? The happy green? The warm yellows? Why do non of my friends have these colors either? I refuse to wear drab colors. This could me I need to find bright cheerful bras since I won't have a shirt on, but so be it. When will the fashion industry notice that pregers like color too?

I really did not want to buy any clothes this time, but it looks like I will have to if I can find better colors. I sure don't want to look fat AND depressed!

3 comments:

JCR said...

I wish I had my clothes to send to you. Lots of pink! Sorry they are drab, but happy you got some "donated" stuff. Maybe you can dress it up with some colorful accessories and a fabulous purse...?

Victoria said...

you got some cute tops today!

Alicia said...

problem is, I wore out all of my colorful tops because they are too far and few between! Hmmm, maybe you should become a maternity clothes designer! Maybe some rainbow bright stuff ;-)!!