Sunday, October 11, 2009

Can't Stop Making...


FELT FOOD!


I began this project with the intention of making some cookies for one of my best friend's little 2 year old. Her birthday is in a few days. I had time Friday to begin this endeavor while the girls were at school and I was on "rest" time. Well, after I finished the cookies I decided pancakes with butter would be cute. Everyone knows you can't have pancakes without an egg, right? Then came the sandwich. For this I looked online for a few ideas if not tutorials and was overwhelmed. There are so many creative and skilled people out there! After I figured out how to do the bread I decided peanut butter and jelly were the way to go. Since cheese and bologna were easy I made them too. The popsicle is a fun color, but not the best looking. After looking at all the items I thought I was a little heavy on the sweets so I decided to try a carrot and watermelon.
Now, Sunday night, I am officially finished. I might have kept going, but I need to get this in the mail so I have to stop and get it wrapped and ready to ship. Also, I hand stitched them all this time and my fingers are tired. It is more time consuming than with the machine, but I think I like the end result better. I will say I am now a pro at the blanket stitch.


It was funny how each piece I made would somehow disappear only to be found in the girls possession later. They had such fun with all of this. I kept telling them to leave it alone since it is a gift and because they have tons of play food downstairs. They told me that the felt food I made is way better than the plastic stuff they have downstairs. Nice to hear, but did not grant them play time with my food.


I now need to find another little one to continue my new fun. I don't need orders right away since my hands are still a little sore from all the stitching, but I will start a list :)

3 comments:

Victoria said...

WOW!!! that all looks AWESOME! you always blow me away with your needle and thread talent :)

Alicia said...

Put us on the list!!! Too cute! you are so talented, Jess!

Jen said...

First of all, Addie carries her cookies you gave her for her bday in her little bag of tricks daily!! Who knew the talent expanded on to carrots, watermelon, sandwiches! Congrats - you just got on the invite list for her bday party 12/19....you were on it anyway!!