Monday, October 19, 2009

New Lessons

Look at that posture!

Getting ready to begin trotting.

Looks rather happy.


This is no pony ride.

Yes, we have decided to let B begin horseback riding lessons. 2 of her best friends have been taking lessons for years and B really wanted to try. I could not believe that on our visit to the stable they actually had her riding a horse. I thought we were just going to watch her friends and gather information. Not so much. She took the offer to ride that day quickly. Now mind you these are actual horses, not ponies! As you can see in the last photo it is a tall horse. So I was a tad worried and totally nervous for B, but she did great.
She had a great first lesson and we decided that do to my nutty schedule and the cost of each 30 minute lesson she could ride twice a month. She was super happy. These photos were taken at her second lesson. This horse and B did not connect so much. So she did like riding, she just was not as comfortable on this horse as she was last time on a different horse.
I really like the instructor too. She is all about having fun and giving the girls responsibility. They lead the horses in the arena and back out to their stall, they also learn other horse care things too. She teaches them without making them feel bad. B has already been trotting!
The stable started as a therapy only stable, but has branched out over the years. During our time slot there are always kids there for therapy. I like the kids seeing different abilities on horses. Plus due to the therapy part there are lots of volunteers there.
We will see how long this lasts, but for now I get to live my "I always wanted to take riding lessons" through my kid. After all that is one of the main reason we have kids right?



1 comment:

JCR said...

Wow! Great pics. What a fun activity for her. Soon she will want her own horse. :)