Thursday, October 8, 2009

So Gifted

I know B has demonstrated advanced skills in verbal language and problem solving, but this one I didn't see coming. B brought a reading test home yesterday that had to be signed. Don't freak out! She only had one wrong. B asked me as I was looking at it if I would go over the wrong one with her because she didn't think it was wrong. As any good parent, I went right to the one marked wrong and read it over. I did not believe that it was wrong. I figured after correcting a class set of these tests a mistake was made.

Then as B was changing out of her uniform, I noticed that there was an eraser mark on the answer choice above the "wrong one". My teacher wheels came into play now. I asked B if by chance she actually erased her wrong answer and changed it so it looked correct. She DID! My brainy kid is cheating at the age of 7! I then proceeded to remind her that one wrong answer is no big deal and we are proud of her, but what she did is called cheating and not good.

Really? Second grade? My kid has figured out how to cheat just to get a 100%. I feel that I really have to keep an eye on this one. It is going to be a L-O-N-G academic career for us both.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a cutie! Too funny!!

Victoria said...

uh-oh! she sure is a tricky little smartie* :) has A been teaching her sneaky tricks? lol

Alicia said...

I love it!! Where does she get that perfectionist streak?? Wink, wink!!