Monday, February 15, 2010

Where Did Valentine's Day Go?

I'm sure if you stop to think and remember you can list a number of Valentine's Days in which you had a good day. You might even remember a few special gifts. I can remember how special this day was for my husband and I in the years before our children. He was a great gift giver. Time seems to have changed things. Now it seems to be about the kids.

Each year Daddy buys the girls HUGE balloons. I try to provide them with a little something. This year it was new makeup for them to use. Sad part was that I did not get a thing. Not one valentine from anyone. Not that the gifts are important, but a heart something would have been nice.

Well, maybe next year...

(I did enjoy a yummy heart shaped scone from my sister)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

yea, those were my valentines! :)

JCR said...

I got you those pink socks! Well, no hearts on them, but they were pink. Sorry you didn't get any Valentine's.