Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Festivities



This year Easter has come and gone so quickly. Perhaps due to our quick trip a few weeks before. I was a little behind when we got back into town, so I had lots to get done. Our neighborhood egg hunt is run by me. It is a bunch of work, but a fun event. We had over 1000 eggs dropped off at our house filled with candy and ready for me to "hide" at the park. the weather was nice for a change and so the turn out was on the high side. Last year it was super cold and about 1 inch of snow on the ground so not too many people showed up. Much different this year. A had no interest in the eggs. Well she had interest in only the princess ones that she helped spread out. When she saw that they were all gone she didn't want to find any eggs. She just cried and waited till the donuts came out. B on the other hand ran like the wind scooping up as many eggs as she could. She helped spread out the eggs in her area so she was well aware of the ones with the best candy inside. it was over so quickly that I couldn't even take any photos! Well I did get this one...

We did spend some time decorating eggs. Aunt Vic came over to help. Both girls were into it this year. A was sad when all the eggs were finished. We had a nice bunch of eggs too.
Yesterday we hit the town egg hunt. It was cold and windy, but full of excitement for the whistle to begin the race for eggs. A went with Uncle Marty and I went with B. Yes their age groups are at different sections of the park. Not so convenient for "single" parents. Lucky for me Uncle M was there. A had direct orders to fill the bucket. however at the first egg she began to cry and beg Uncle Marty to help her. She ended up pulling in 4 eggs. B was a little better about getting eggs, but she too only grabbed 4. That brought about a bad mood for her. lucky for us this sure brightened up when she noticed that one of the 4 eggs was a winner! She ended up walking away with a big basket full of little things. Way happy was she!!!

Easter morning brought early risers on the hunt for their baskets. Then B questioned if I was the Easter bunny! She noticed a game in A's basket that she remembered finding in Florida. I thought I had hid it when we were in Florida, but I guess not. So we talked about the fact that I was the EB (alone). She said she thought so since this year's basket was a lot smaller than last year. I then told her I was the bunny last year too. She was rather surprised at this information. She then began spinning all the gears in her head and asked about the Leprechaun and Santa, and the Tooth Fairy, you know all the surprise gift givers. I did not tell her I was those too. I'm not that mean. She is only 6/7 for goodness sakes.

Lastly B decided yesterday to get her hair cut. We have been growing it to donate, but seem to be stuck at about 8 inches. This would be 2 inches short of the 10 that you need to donate. I wanted to get it trimmed (1-2 inches off) but she decided that she would like it up to her shoulders. I figured why not? I do love it long, but it is her hair and she is doing more of the washing, brushing, and hair accessories herself. So off it came. In the end she had about 6 or 7 inches cut off. It really looks better and she is really excited for people to notice.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun packed holiday! Love the pics!