Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Perfect Way To Start My Day

Let me start with a little background info. Yesterday A had a playdate with a new friend and B had n-o-t-h-i-n-g. This did not make for a happy B. We tried to get a playdate, but no luck. That meant that she had to come with me to do her favorite thing...errands! To my surprise she was very unhappy. Right? Like I didn't see this coming a mile away. B has not had to run errands with me in a long time since she has been blessed with all day school. So I was not looking forward to this time either. Well I was looking forward to time with just her and not A, but I had to get this stuff done. B was an ok sport. She stressed her dislike of errands to me often, but kept up the pace. We even stopped at Potbelly's for a special lunch, just the 2 of us.

After picking up A from the fun morning we headed out to the bridal store to get B fitted for her flowergirl dress. She was ok about this too. The dress is not a fancy and sparkly as I'm sure she would like, but it is still pretty. To wrap up our day I took them to Build A Bear to get a little something since I had a coupon for money off. A ended up with a new friend and B spent her money on a new outfit for her bear at home. She actually told me that she really didn't need a new animal! I couldn't believe I heard that one from her. On the way home the girls thanked me for letting them get something. I felt good.

This morning when I got out of bed the girls ran upstairs to tell me to get back in bed. Why? They wanted to snuggle. Really? Now I know something is up. So I got back into bed with them and was brought breakfast in bed! B had planned it all. A yummy waffle with yogurt and sliced bananas. They even put apple juice in a wine glass for me. It was really cute! they were both so proud of it. I ate most of it and what I didn't finish, A scarfed down.

Like I said...What a way to start my day!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

WOW!!! what special treatment-you deserve it though, you are a wonderful mom!! kudos to B and A!

Jen said...

so sweet!!!