Friday, September 11, 2009

It's Been a While

If all my readers weren't friends I think I would have lost them all by now. I have no idea where the days have gone, but they did. I swear I sit at the computer and check my email and facebook, and then plan to blog. Really I do. For some reason I just don't. In fact I haven't really been up to reading many blogs either. I seem to be in a no computer rut. Perhaps that is due to the fact that with the hubby home on the computer often I just don't get the time till night. I really don't like sitting at the computer instead of laying on the couch. But enough excuses... I am going to sit here and blog!
First day of School
Can't believe B is in 2nd grade this year. This means that she will be making her 1st Holy Communion. She was super happy to have one of her best friends in her class and to get the teacher that she wanted. So far the year is going well.
A began her full week of preschool this year. She goes every day now from 8-11. In addition to this I put her in extended care for the rest of the day a few days of the week. This means that she gets to stay at school and eat lunch plus play with her friends till 3:00. It is nice to be able to drop off and pick up both kids at the same time. She has really liked going full day, and has asked for more days, but I'm not ready to let my little one be gone all day everyday.

As for my newest one, the ultrasound looked good. I did not find out what the sex of the baby is. Surprised? I am too. The ultrasound tech asked me twice, but I just said NO. Hubby really wants to know, but not me. Not knowing helps me not shop which equals saving money for now.
Being 23 weeks I am showing a bit more and am really starting to feel movement. At times I seem to forget all about the baby till it moves and then I am wondering why my tummy is growling. Oh yeah, it's the baby. The girls are still super excited and love looking at name with us. For now we seem to just call it sparkle (A's choice name).

I have been busy working on many projects from burp cloths, to crayon roll, to key chains, to a camera strap cover.(all gifts, well not the camera strap cover) No photos since I forgot to take ones before I wrapped them all and sent them out.

I just bought a new/used dresser to use for the baby as well. I will take a picture soon and get some input on how to finish it. I can't decide between stain or paint. I'm leaning towards paint so it matches the rest on the furniture, but the crib that I borrow I'm sure will be a stained type of wood.

I don't think this covers it all but I'm sure most of you are bored so I will stop. I will try to blog more, but no promises :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the updates! The kids look adorable!! I am glad to hear Sparkle is looking good!! If things go my way, you and I will have two more babies a few months apart (like P and A)! Closer if I get my way....

I am glad you are feeling good!!

See you Sunday???

JCR said...

Thank you for the update! I've been dying for first-day-of-school photos. They look adorable. That's great that A likes being at school all day, and it sure gives you a nice break too. Snaps to you for finishing so many projects. Can't believe you're already 23 weeks!

Alicia said...

So glad to read about you guys again! Love and miss you all! It is exciting to see the girls getting so big and hearing about little "Sparkle".

Victoria said...

yea, updates! great first day pics!