Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Boobs On Her Brain

With the upcoming baby it is not hard to see why my 4 year old is obsessed with boobs. She loves saying the word, which she says every chance she can, to commenting on mine. Positive comments too, by the way, like"Mom, your boobs hang down to your tummy!" or "Why are you boobs so squishy?" Some comments I try to explain, such as the fact that my boobs didn't always hang down to my tummy, others I just let go "unheard".

The worst part about this "stage" (I hope it is just a stage) is not that she is boob crazy, but that she finds nothing wrong with talking about them or touching other family member's boobs. (Aunt Vic and Grandma)

We have been talking about the fact that when the baby comes it will eat from my boobs. This makes her giggle and then think some more, then question even more. I don't mind the questions at all. It is the comments that crack me up. They other day she stated/questioned that when she drank from my boobs one was apple juice and one was milk, right? or B got one boob and I got the other boob, right?

She also wants us to pretend she is a teenager and has boobs. Or she wants to play with certain Polly Pockets because they too have boobs. The worst is when she tries to convince my husband that he too has boobs. This one does not go over well with the Daddy. "Pecks" he tells her, "these are called pecks!"

I know I will one day miss all of this, but for now I would at least like a break from it. It is bad enough that in a few months I go back to food factory and no longer have any boob time to myself, but do I really need all this boob talk for the next 3 months?

1 comment:

Jen said...

LOL!! Too funny! The 'pecks' cracked me up! Just wait until you start nursing. She's really going to question you. Mine never really noticed or commented but then again, I have been nursing/prego for about 5 years straight!! ; ) A does pretend to nurse her babies from time to time!!