Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Speed Up

I have decided that in order to push this baby out in January I had better get my strength up. So this week I got back to exercise. Now that we are getting the school schedule under control, I figured I'd get in gear. So yesterday I walked a little more than 2 miles and even stopped by the library on my way to sign B up for an event. (Nothing like multi-tasking)

Today I went for a bike ride. Now some might think that at 24 weeks I should not be on a bike. I have no idea. I figure I have not lost my balance yet, and I am really not all that big so I would go for a ride. Plus my shin splints hurt from my walk yesterday. I had every intention of doing my 10 ish miles, but then as I continued down the path s-l-o-w-l-y I decided 5 was a good place to start for today. I mean I don't want to over do it, right? I could not believe how slow I was. I had good energy and my legs were not tired, but my speed just was not there. I really felt like I should have a shirt on that reads " I'm not slow I'm pregnant" on the back for all the other riders who were passing me. It felt good to ride again and I am glad I went just wish I went faster.

I did do some major house cleaning today too while my "office buddy" was out for the day. I figured it was the only chance I'd have to run the vacuum during business hours. So all levels and rooms of the house have been picked up and vacuumed. I sure brought a whole lot of basement toys back down too. I even did 3 loads of laundry. Now if i can just sleep through the night after all this physical activity it will all be worth it. Plus, with A gone all day tomorrow I won't have to spend my time alone cleaning :)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

go J!! i need to bike again, sadly it has been too long since my last 22 mile bike ride....

Jen said...

Good for you.....minus the bike ride! I vote for too far along!!! I am glad you are feeling well!!