Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tea Time


For those of you who do not know I am not a coffee drinker. I love the smell, but hate the taste. I never drank it to stay up in college, nor do I start my day with a cup. I tend to drink water. However a good cup of tea every now and then works well too. I do have to have my lemon tea with honey when I am sick. I find nothing works better to make me well again.
I recently came across a blog that mentioned a new holiday tea by Celestial Seasonings called Sugar Cookie something. The blogger stated that it tasted like a sugar cookie and one should buy some. Well I have been looking in many stores with no luck. I am all game for a hot liquid cookie right? The other day at Whole Foods I came across an entire display of holiday teas by Celestial Seasonings. I quickly grabbed the Sugar Cookie box and continued to look at the different varieties. My eyes fell on this one. Candy Cane Lane. Sounds yummy. I love a touch of mint in my hot chocolate and I do like other teas with mint. I guess I will try it.
I LOVE it! I have been drinking a cup each morning. In fact I have one here now as I type this. It is the perfect amount of mint. Not so much as I sip, but as it travels down my throat the mint pops up. Plus it is green tea and decaf! What more could I ask for? I even gave my mom a few tea bags to try. Perhaps this is what coffee drinkers feel when they sip their perfect cup. I don't know but I do think I will be getting a bunch before the holiday line leaves the stores.
The Sugar Cookie is not bad either. The smell is better than the taste, but still a nice cup of tea.

2 comments:

JCR said...

Thank for the review! I have seen this display many times and always wondered if the candy cane one would taste good.

Victoria said...

mmmmm i love my peppermint flavoring!