Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thumb Guards Are A Go

We have been working on life with thumb guards now for 3 days. Things are great till bedtime. then it breaks my heart to hear A plead for me to take them off. I actually caught her with her pointer finger in her mouth last night. So help me if I take away her thumb and she starts on a finger! B is ok, she found out she could take her thumb out the first night, and I think last night she sucked the thumb with the guard anyway. I don't say much since I know this is hard and we are only on day 3, but come week 2 things will get said if this continues. I am looking forward to the day I can take them off and the thumb stays out. the next challenge will be B and the guard at school. Not really looking forward to this fight. She seem to think sucking her thumb at age 6 is less embarrassing than wearing the clear thumb guard. I don't really understand that one. Come to think of it I really don't understand most of her thought processes.

No comments: