Friday, March 13, 2009

Earn Your Keep

B has been on a money earning kick. She is all about doing house hold chores as long as there is a payment involved. I am ok about handing out some coinage if the job is done without the common whine. B went as far as making a list of all the chores she would do and the amount of money she would earn for doing them. (You know like 10 cents a day for making her bed) Well this was day one of the list. She and A were happy to complete the emptying of the dishwasher.





I swear I remember a time when A couldn't even see in the drawer let alone put stuff in it.

Well now that a few days have passed. The thrill is gone. I did not think this would last long, but I figured more than a week. I'm sure it will pick up again the next time B wants something from the store and mean mommy won't buy it for her.

Bad news for them is that I have decided to make them do this chore anyways...money or no money. It is now time for them to earn their keep :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems reasonable to me. If you ever offer them a dime to split to pick a bucket currents in the dead of summer I might have to step in. :)

Victoria said...

it worked for all of us!! i say you have to do chores for no money, part of being a family!