Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Huge Step For B

We have been trying lots if not everything to get B to quit sucking her thumb. A finished in just days of using the thumb guard. B, not so much. I figured most of the problem was the fact that she still has her lamb for night time. I know 6 1/2 with a stuffed animal lovie? Hey! I have friends who are in their 30's who still have their lovies. I just didn't have the heart to take it away from her.

Things have been getting worse with the thumb. She was doing so well about not sucking it during the day. Now she is falling off the wagon and has her thumb in a tad bit more often. the other day I washed sheets and forgot to bring up clean lambie. When B got in her bed she noticed of course. I fibbed and told her it was not dry. I would bring it up to her in about 45 minutes. I was not sure she would fall asleep without him. She did! I was so proud of her.

Yesterday we decided to try again. I promised her that if she slept the rest of the week without lambie I would buy her a box of lemonheads (her new wish). So far so good. She has made it 2 nights so far! I am really proud of her. this is a HUGE step. I only hope that the thumb will begin to go away too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh my!! Do I even want to tell you that I slept with 'Cuddle Bear' until the night I came home from the hospital with Pierson??? ; )