Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY

I did not buy the girls special shirts for the big day this year. I figured since B is in a uniform why bother. Plus I had decided to not send out special cards this year since I just sent out the Valentine's Day ones. Well wouldn't you know it, B has a non uniform day so she can show her Irish pride. Great! My plan seems to suck now huh? B was able to find a plain green tshirt that I bought, just in case. She ran downstairs at 7:30(right before bed) to tell me that the shirt was ok, but could she trace a shamrock on it. I said I will work on it and have something in the morning.

This plain shirt just won't do


So I took out my heat set bling and got to work. About half way through the gems and the outline of the shamrock I figured I would not have enough. So a 8:45 I was heading to Michale's to grab some more gems before they closed. Well again, not my day. Michale's was totally out of any bling what so ever! Now what was I going to do? Ran next to Target to see if they had any type of green shirt. Nope, nothing! Well they did have one St Pat's shirt left but since it was about a pub, I figured not right for a Catholic school. Back home to see what I could do.


Well now the Irish gods worked with me. I had exactly enough gems to finish the outline at 9:30pm. Now to finish hiding the leprechaun gifts and lay the trail and I can go to bed.

Some Irish Bling!


Next morning B of course wished that there were a few gems around the shamrock, but she was happy still. Thank Goodness!

As for little A she wanted one too, but all I could find for her was a turtleneck with shamrocks all over it in the hand-me-downs from B and the funny glasses. Wouldn't you know she would have to wear it on the warmest day so far!? Oh well she only has school till 11:00.




HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL!


2 comments:

Victoria said...

what a great mom you are!! the Boyles do have to show their Irish pride

JCR said...

Best. Mom. Ever.