Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rainy Day Activity

Tuesdays are supposed to be lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's for A and me. I look forward to this time each week. Not only do I get to have my Mom make me a yummy lunch, but they get to spend time with A. So this week was no exception and since it was a gloomy day I was looking forward to it more than usual. Well my dad called to say my sister was sick and we should not stop by for lunch and germs. What? No. Please don't take away my after school activity! Well on second thought high fever, and more? Ok, we will not be there. Thanks for the call.

Well now what am I going to do all afternoon with A? We can't go outside, I don't have a playdate set up, it is cold AND rainy, YUCK!!!!

Enter the memory of shaving cream. That is it! I will let her play with shaving cream and her plastic princesses. Oh what a great idea. I put a bunch of shaving cream right on the art table and once her smock was on it was go time. She played in the cream for about 1 HOUR. It was great.

Then came time for clean up. I brought up a dishpan of water, a few towels, and let her give all the princesses a bath. Before I knew it another 45 minutes were gone. She had so much fun. I highly recommend this activity. A can of shaving cream is rather cheep and is used for multiple days of fun. I still missed my lunch made by Mom, but at least I got through the afternoon.

1 comment:

JCR said...

You are the coolest mom ever. I can't wait for the next rainy day!