Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another Great Birthday Party

We held B's American Girl birthday party this weekend. I decided that I would have the girls bring their AMG doll with. From what I heard the moms say it was harder to get the dolls ready for the party than the actual human. I found B was the same way. She tried a few outfits on her doll too.

The doll guests that came in their party clothes.

Her big excitement fort he day was that we gave her another AMG doll for her birthday. Well, I didn't really buy it. I won it at the school raffle along with a bunch of other stuff for the doll. I will be giving some of the other items tomorrow on her birthday and others are hidden till Christmas. She was really happy to now have 2 dolls. I hope it will make things easier when friends come over to play. Now they each have one to use.

The party went really well. I had done a TON of prep work on Sunday. From decorating, to making all the special food, to the 3 tier cake. They only thing I did not prep was the craft. B wanted to make matching headbands for each girl and their doll. No big deal I though. How hard would it be to sew a ribbon to a pony holder? Well when I tried a few the hour before the party, it was not so easy. I thought the sewing machine was the way to go. Not so much. It seemed to eat the ribbon. Hand sewing it was. I then thought the girls would be able and willing to do this. They were willing, but not so able. After about the 3rd girl to loose her needle I figured it was easier and faster for me to sew the headbands. They all turned out really cute.


The cake looked ok



Full decorations

B had a good time playing the AMG bingo game and the secret doll game I made up. It was even better when all the moms came to pick up and kept gushing about how great it all was. I feel good knowing that I am out of the spend tons of cash and invite all kids bunch. I still do it at home, have a small guest list (about 6 girls came) and impress them all. I am glad it is over but more glad that each girl seemed so happy.


Eating the special lunch

A few guests and their matching headbands

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a great time!! I can see the party pics on FB in 20 years already!!

Happy Birthday to Bridget!!

JCR said...

Wow! Where do I start? Amazing party ideas and decorations. LOVE the pink & black of course. Looked so wonderful. Wow! You'll have to tell me how you did the Bingo cards; I'm making Scooby ones for Owen. Anyway, so very glad the party was so special and fun for B. Hope she has a great day tomorrow. :) I sent her gift Tuesday and am hoping it's there in time.

Victoria said...

another wonderful birthday party that you made possibl...LOVE the decorations btw

Kat said...

Pink and black?? I am impressed. It looks quite diva-ish.

Let's get our sand crabs together once this weather warms up!!