Thursday, May 14, 2009

Anything Else?

So I have a lot going on right now with the end of the pre-school school year, 2 different daughter's birthday parties, job hunting, and more. I won't try to out list you. I know we are all super busy. It is just one of those moments in time when each day is packed with important thing to get done, and one tiny little thing will go wrong causing many things to go wrong.

Both A and I left car windows open this week when it rained. That was a big wet surprise for me the next morning. I figured nothing really happened. I was wrong! my automatic door locks stopped working. One might think this is not a big deal, but I was unable to unlock my doors. Oh and they lock as you put the car in drive. Now do you see a problem? I could just open my door, but the girls in the back? They would have to climb out the front. I did figure out that I could still use the key chain thing to unlock all doors. Problem solved. Luckily I think my doors have dried out enough today and this afternoon the locks began working again. Good thing too for I set off the car alarm twice when I was getting into the locked car today. Sorry neighbors!

I finished B's beautiful birthday invites and sent them all out yesterday. Found out today that I put the wrong date on them! Then come to find out that 2 of the 7 guests can not come. Kinda a good thing for I am all about small party numbers. B is not so happy though.

Made a cake for a little birthday party for some friends and A today. All was good until I noticed that the entire top layer of the cake was sliding off the bottom layer when I walked into the host's house. I was not sure how to get it on straight for I couldn't use my hands and ruin the frosting. I finally tilted the cake in the opposite direction and waited till it began sliding back. Quickly put it in the fridge to set.

Had my sister come over only to run out the door as soon as she got here. I had a few errands to do. Bad part is that I forgot to do the 2 things that were at the top of the list. One was to buy a gift card for a needy family at the grocery store. I went to the store, bought what I needed, and totally forgot the gift card until I got home. Way to think of others!

On the positive side...
I am ahead on the rainbow party for A this Saturday. My sister was a big help with sorting M&Ms for cake decorations, making the goody bags and lettering the rainbow banner. I got the table set, finished 6 out of 7 doorway streamers, and hung up the banner. I am feeling pretty good. now all I have to do tomorrow is to make the cake and finish a few details. Oh and try to remember AGAIN to get the balloons ( the other item I forgot to do when I was out today)

No comments: