Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cookie Parties 2007


Well the long awaited day has come and gone. This was year 1 for A and her friends. For B it was year 3. Yes, I start the party thing at a young age. I found that this is one party that is not done. I was pleased at how many moms commented on what a great idea this is. I love doing it actually. I think the kids have such fun cutting out cookies and decorating them. It was also so fun to see the differences between parties.
A's did a lot more of dump the decorations on the dough and then mash it together. All the moms had fun at this one since they had to stay and help. Perhaps we had more fun chatting and drinking coffee than the kids had playing together. They did more running around than decorating, but when it was time to get the finished cookies you could hear a pin drop as they all began eating their fine work.


B's group of 12 was a little more wild. The constant question of "what are we going to do next" was getting on my nerves. Especially when they could see that I was busy getting cookies in and out of the oven. Thank goodness Tom was there to help (volunteer as B says). He did a great job. As the photo shows, Tom even began a train/conga line with the group. It was a good time. I was surprised by the number of gifts B got for being the host. Such nice manners these kids have :)
I did a lot of work for this event. From hand making aprons for all of A's guests to planning activities for B's group to buying and wrapping prizes for the games. B did help with some of these things, but I have already begun stocking up for next year's parties. It was a long day and I was tired at the end. Plus, if I see any more cookie dough it will be too soon.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

it does look like it was fun :)

JCR said...

You are absolutely AMAZING! What special memories your girls are going to have. :)

.mk. said...

Yeah, you got to handmake aprons.... your kids are going to OLPH now.

Kat said...

Looks like fun! Glad both the girls had a blast. You are a brave brave woman!