Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long Weekend

Let us begin with Friday. B got picked to bring home the class pet for the whole weekend! She is the first one and has to write a journal entry about their weekend together. She was super excited about this. I on the other hand did not seem so excited till I saw the pet. Brownie is a cute, soft, stuffed bear. I can deal with that.

Off to pick out our tree as soon as Daddy came home. Good thing he got home early (3:30) for it was getting cold. B dressed Brownie in a hat and couldn't wait to get a photo with Brownie and the tree. Yes, it was a long weekend of taking Brownie with us all sorts of places. As soon as we got to the lot we all noticed just how cold it really was. So we quickly found the "perfect" tree and headed to the greenhouse where it was warm. Once warmer, we picked out our pointsetta plants. And of course took a couple of pictures of Brownie with the flowers and B.

We ended the day with home made pizza and a good movie. We watched Evan Almighty. I had seen it before and knew that it was good for the girls. They really liked the animals and B liked the story of Noah's Ark coming to life.

Saturday I got up at 5:45am to go get my hair cut. Funny I had no problem getting up for my hair cut at this crazy time, but to workout? No way! I came home with fresh bagels and soon with full tummys the girls and I hit Target and Michales for a craft session. Let me just say that my errand day with both girls is about over. They never want to be in the same area, or listen to me. however after the announcement for a missing little girl I quickly grabbed both hands and finished our list. back home B was set on decorating the house for Christmas. I had no interest so she did it alone. Let me say that for the most part she did ok, but there are a few places that need work. For example her idea of putting ribbon along the top of the couch. Not a bad thought, just not that practical. We then had a birthday party to attend across the street. Thank goodness that was all we had to travel for the weather was YUCKY. the party went well till the girls hit the end of their no nap rope. We quickly said good bye and headed back out into the cold sleet.

Today we had breakfast with Santa. I assumed that the girls would be great for this event. they were happy to put on dresses and bows so they would look pretty for Santa. they didn't even mind waiting in line to see him. As soon as we got to be next in line A decided she wanted none of this fat man and ran for daddy. This would have worked well if it hadn't been for the red rope that got in her way. A few tears and we were back in "No Santa" heaven. I am one of those parents that just doesn't care about if my kids sit with him or not. B was all over it since she had a few things she wanted on her list that she had forgotten to write. A stayed with me and didn't want to go near him. This actually was good for me since I have been trying to come up with a man to be Santa at my Mom's this year. It is hard since B seems to be able to figure out who it really is every year. But now knowing that A doesn't want anything to do with him I will stop the search and go without a "real" Santa this year.

After Breakfast we came home and decorated the tree. B was so excited to see all her favorite ornaments. Let me say that it seems like each and every ornament is her favorite. It was cute. the best part of today was the fact that I got both girls to take a nap this afternoon! Even big B fell asleep in a few minutes. It was a nice quiet hour :)

Well I have printed out the Brownie photos and now it is time to write down B's adventure with her now that she is awake. How many more hours till bed time?

2 comments:

Victoria said...

sounds like a fun weekend though :) sounds like B is turning into me with her Chrismas decorating haha

Kat said...

What?? No Brownie pictures posted online? I am so disappointed. You did have quite the weekend... I am exhausted just reading about it!