Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Apple Picking 2008

I had it all planned out. We would wait to go apple picking on a day that B did not have school. Last year it was easier with her 1/2 days for Kindergarten. Not so much in first grade. Lucky for us school was out Monday due to the teacher institute day. I knew this was the perfect day. Most schools would be in session so the orchard would be empty. Plus it is a little late in the season so not so many people once again.

Oh my plan totally worked! The place was empty and we even had our own private hay ride out to the orchard. We were the only ones amongst the trees. It was so fun. The girls really got into picking apples this year. I too had a hard time walking past an apple and not picking it. I also had a hard time not eating tons of these fresh yummy apples. I think I managed to eat 4. They were so good! b was all over using her backpack to carry apples. In fact she had a pretty full bag.
Daddy and his girls

I know there is an apple in here somewhere.




A little higher, Daddy!




Look at all my apples!


Oh! This is soooo good

We ended up grabbing a few more than our bag allowed, but since we didn't know that, nor did they check, we are heavy in the apples now. I guess it is time for me to bring out the "what to do with apples" list again. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Victoria said...

great pics, especailly with T and the girls. what a fun family tradition you have started :) i am waiting for my apple pie or bread to arrive hehe

Jen said...

Those are fabulous pictures EXCEPT they are missing the event planner! The one with T and the girls is great!! We have old school apple picking pictures from the late 70's that I love!!

Kat said...

I am always a fan of apple crisp!! Great pics by the way but I agree with jen - where are you??

JCR said...

I too love that first picture of T with the girls.