Thursday, October 23, 2008

Broke Her Heart

The sisters in my house have been at each other's necks non stop. They seem to fight about anything. It has come down to me trying to stay out of it as well as teaching each girl how to deal with the other. I have taught A to tell B "I am not listening to you" when B calls her a name or is being mean. I told B last night that if she did not stop picking on her sister than I would treat her the same way. For now that is holding . But this morning was the worst!

A's highlight is to have big sister walk her to her classroom. Now remember A only goes to school twice a week and her room is about 10 feet from B's. So no major sacrifice has to be made. Well B told A she was not going to walk her today. A was not happy, so I did step in and "kindly" told B that she was going to walk her little sister to the room. FINE! I got back. Just as A had a smile on her face one of B's friends came over to her. They continued to walk to class together. UMMMM wait. I thought B was walking A to class you might be saying. Yes, I thought the same thing as did A. B actually let go of A's hand and never looked back as she went off with her buddy. A stood there screaming B's name and crying! It broke my heart. It took all my strength to not grab B by her ponytail and make her walk her little sister to class. I decided I would wait till she gets home instead. :)

A was upset for a few more minutes until we got to her class. Than all was forgotten and the smile reappeared.

It is so hard to see my girls fight and it is even harder to see B become a "mean girl". I want my sweet little girl back!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I tried to comment before and it said blogspot was out of service so not sure if you got my previous comment....

That is too funny that you had a little 'vision' of pulling her little ponytail...Glad to hear other mommies have those little thoughts too!! When I was typing the comment before, P stared picking on A and I had mentioned that I wished he had a ponytail so I could picture myself pulling it too....It is only abuse when acted upon....Right??

Victoria said...

this breaks my heart just reading it!!! poor A :(

Alicia said...

Poor A. We have the same dynamics at our house right now too. EJ is constantly getting hurt feelings. If you figure out a solution, let me know!

Kat said...

Youch! Those big mean sisters (and brothers) We have the same issues at our house sadly.