Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carving Time

This is the night that the girls look forward to all year. Or so it seems. We picked our pumpkins last weekend with Aunt Vic. Each and every night the girls asked if it was the night that we could carve them. I hate to do something so messy on a school night, so I just kept putting it off. Well enough waiting was had and the girls wanted to carve NOW. I relented and said we could do it.

They were so happy. A couldn't get enough of the gushy insides while B just wanted to draw the face. I of course had them pull out as many seeds as they could so I could roast them later. I took a video of A saying "disgusting" that i will post tomorrow. It is rather funny. She was so grossed out by the insides yet kept going back for more.



A found a seed stuck to her thumb and even after shaking her hand it did not come off.

Our finished pumpkin.

I placed a flashlight inside instead of a candle. I think B did a pretty good job on the face too. I did do the cutting, but it was her drawing. It was a good time and even Daddy took a turn scooping out the insides.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thankfully there is no school Friday so we will scramble to do them then... ha ha