Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Did You Hear Me?

Since Tom is out of town there is no real reason to make dinner, nor go home right away after gymnastics. Like I want to be alone with my girls for this period of time with no hope of daddy walking through the door to relieve me. No, it is better to keep them out and about running small errands with the promise of dinner out at the end.

Where do my girls love to eat? That would be at Potbelly. I too do not mind the place. Plus with no Tom I am so getting a shake! The girls also thought a shake sounded great. I did make them agree that the shake also counted as dessert for the night. After all I am not a totally bad mom.
As I placed the sandwich order I put in my banana shake request and B's Oreo one. I then asked A which kind she wanted. Her reply was "none." I restated the question for I was sure she did not hear me correctly, and again was told that she did not want a shake. I tried to ask her again using different words, but her answer was the same. So I did not order her one. Yet somewhere in the back of my mind I was already playing the next scene out. You know the one. You get to the table and 2 out of the 3 people have shakes. It then dawns on the one without that she is missing something, and she really wants one NOW. But I told myself that since I asked her many times if she wanted one and she replied each and every time "NO" that I would be fine.
As I am standing at the register to pay I overhear the shake maker say that he made a banana AND Oreo shake. To this I quickly stated that I would still take the mistake one and he would just have to make a plain Oreo one. I mean I hate to waste a good shake. You would do the same right? I even joked about having to pay for it since it was "trash". I totally got it for FREE. SCORE!!! It was really good too by the way.
So I have sandwiches in hand, shakes in the other and my cash gone. It is then that A notices 2 shakes and 3 people. She does what you are thinking. "I want a shake too!" I told her that I asked her lots of times and she said no. That goes somewhere right between don't care and not listening. So needless to say I broke down and ordered her a shake. The worst part was that since I had no more cash I actually had to charge a $2.90 shake. So now with 3 shakes we set out for home. Good thing I got that free one.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Oh A :) at least you expected it at the end hehe...what mom you are, getting her one anways