Monday, October 6, 2008

Botanic Garden Fun

On Saturday we went to the Chicago Botanic Gardens to check out their HUGE (200-400lbs)pumpkins. A and I noticed these pumpkins last week when we went for our class. I could not believe how big they were. In fact it was hard to talk about them without swearing. I managed however. :)






We had some time to kill (before B had a party to attend) and it was a nice sunny day, so out we went. We all had a pretty fun time. We only stayed for about 2 hours (if that long), but it was good. The girls loved running through the little hay maze, and using their free magnifying glasses to explore. I liked going to a place that I am a member of that I really don't frequent. I will have to say that I will be back with the girls soon. It was good for A to have open run time.



Uncle Marty came along too.



I also love the fact that due to the changing season, the gardens all change too. It was fun to find different veggies in the garden and to see the fall colors beginning to appear. I know next time it will be different too. The Botanic Garden is really a hidden gem in my mind.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

great pics! you should take dad the next time, i bet he is jealous you saw all those huge pumpkins :)

Jen said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I am going to have to drag the kids there too!!