Friday, October 10, 2008

It's A Wedding

My husband's nephew is getting married this weekend for the second time. The wedding is in Philly. This means a weekend trip/get away. We decided to leave the girls at home with my parents for a weekend of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. They were super excited. I have to say I was not. Not because I didn't want to leave my girls, but because I have a feeling that this weekend away will not be so great. In the past I have had my girls with me at these events and I end up mommy-ing the entire time. This time I'm pretty sure I will be all alone.

It is currently 4:00 and I am alone in the hotel room. Why? Oh that would be because I was not invited to the bridal tea and my husband is out at the near by pub with the boys watching the Philly game. He will be drinking till the rehearsal (he is in the wedding party) then perhaps he will swing by the room to pick me up for the rehearsal dinner. I am not holding my breath. He could very well forget. I do not plan to be ready when he gets here either. I know totally passive aggressive, but it will make me feel better. Tomorrow he has plans too before the wedding photos at 12:00. Yeah...lots of alone time for me.

I do not mind the alone time per say, but it kinda sucks. We could have saved the money and left me at home, like I wanted. My husband swore that he would not leave me alone, since he has done it the last 2 weddings, but again let me say I am alone.

On the positive side I have been able to browse ebay for the girl's presents and am blogging without interruptions. I only wish the hotel had a bath. It is an old hotel so only stand up shower. Can this trip get any worse? I sure hope not.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

just call me whenever! i will keep you less-alone :)

Kat said...

Sorry swetie!! That does suck.