Friday, November 14, 2008

Need Thumb Help

So it has been about a week of operation "No Thumbs". I have to say the girls started really strong. I actually thought we might be able to kick this habit. Well, now not so much. It seems to be a lot harder than I thought it would be (and I thought it would be REALLY hard). B seems ok at school if I remember to put on the tape. At night even with tape, no chance. A pretty much asks for tape, only to pull it off to suck her thumbs. I am now finding strips of tape all over the house and car. I just don't know what to do about this. I figure lay off A and keep supporting B for any accomplishment no matter how small. I thought by Thanksgiving they might be finished, but now I am hoping Christmas.

I will say it is not all their fault. I am not super good at remembering the tape each morning. Today, for example, I had to hit up the travel first aid kit on the way to school for a band aid to use on B. I am not even sure of the last time A had tape on her. Guess I need to try harder too.

No comments: