Monday, November 17, 2008

Stalking?

So I have come to find that I like Facebook for the simple pleasure of stalking. Well not really stalking, but finding people who don't know I'm looking at them. I was finding past students last night just to see what they are up to. You know as a teacher I want to know if they made something of them self. Some did and some still to be seen. it was hard not to "friend request" them. I figured that would be way to weird.

I have also come across other people that I have not talked to in 15 years. They are now my "friend". Really? Why now? Will I ever talk to them off this page? Was my life not good enough before they found me? It is not like I can deny a friend request either. But I do wonder why they looked me up.

I think one's goal on Facebook is to have the most possible friends listed.

I will say I have liked getting in touch with some high school or college friends, but other than that? Yup, main use is stalking. Kind of makes me wonder who is looking at me that I don't know about and why.

2 comments:

Kat said...

*raises hand* I am looking at you hot stuff!! Though school just blacklisted the web site today.... damn!

JCR said...

I'm a total FB stalker, too. That's the fun of it. :)