Monday, August 6, 2007

Friends

I do not have many friends. I say this with the qualification of friend being someone I go out and do things with. In most cases this would be without my kids along. Based on this qualification I have a handfull of people that I like to do things with. Some of these friends are located far away, and some are close.

Some of my favorite friends are those who I talk to once in a great while, but it seems like we just talked the other day. You know this type. No matter how long it has been since your last visit or chat nothing is out of place.

I had a baby shower to attend this weekend of this type of friend. We have been friends since our college days. Through the past years we have fallen out of touch. I didn't even know she was expecting her first baby till now and she is due in October! No matter. Seeing her this weekend was so great. She looked great and the only sad part was knowing that I have missed all of this. But isn't that was true friends are all about? I did not have hurt feeling because she hadn't told me this great news. In fact I felt just the opposite-sad. How could I be such a good friend and not kept in better touch?! I guess it doesn't matter and I'm not so sure things will change. As we get busier and more into our own lives we tend to move others out. It is good knowing however that no matter how "moved out" they are, I can move them right back in.

So to all my true friends, "thanks for sticking with me!"

1 comment:

Kat said...

Personally I think you have a lot of friends and it make sme wonder where I fall in this grand scheme of things.... ha ha