Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Simple But True

I received this poem from a friend today and I thought it would be just right for my blog. Remember the main reason I am doing a blog is for my friends that I seem to have lost touch with. Perhaps I will take note of this and ring some of your bells :)

Around the corner I have a friend, in this great city that has no end, Yet the days go by and weeks rush on, And before I know it, a year is gone. And I never see my old friends face, For life is a swift and terrible race, She knows I like her just as well, As in the days when I rang her bell. And she rang mine but we were younger then, And now we are busy, tired women. Tired of playing a foolish game, Tired of trying to make a name. "Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jill Just to show that I'm thinking of her." But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes, And distance between us grows and grows. Around the corner, yet miles away, "Here's a telegram sir," "Jill died today." And that's what we get and deserve in the end. Around the corner, a vanished friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a sad poem!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK that was SUPER sad...and now I have a few people to call!

Kat said...

Hey, you stole my idea. Glad mary Ann got to you too. by the way, it was Tim that dies not Jill. ha ha