Sunday, August 26, 2007

Storm Report

So it is a few days after our storms and we finally have our power back. We are still one of the lucky ones. There are tons of lines down and until the trees are off, no power. It has been a tough number of days with out our beloved electricity. It still is amazing how much we depend on it.

No refrigerator, no lights, no laundry, no dishwasher, no microwave, no computer, and worst of all...no television!

I did rather well without the tv, the girls and Tom, not so well. We actually went to spend the night in a hotel so Tom could have air conditioning and his sports. Plus, eating by candle light was growing thin. I am glad to be home and turning on the computer has been rather relaxing for me. I still need to go through the cooler and throw away pretty much everything in it. Good thing I have been on a no grocery store kick or I would have a lot more food to throw away.

I have some amazing photos of a few trees that were literately ripped from the ground to post, but couldn't upload them yet. Will try again later.

Thank God we are and were safe, and hope to not have to go through that again.

No comments: