Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Raod Trip

I have decided that I am bored now that camp is over. I feel like I need to get out of my house for a while. So what better than a road trip? Well it would be really fun I'm sure if I was taking it with girlfriends instead of little daughters, but they might be fun too. I decided that I need to go somewhere by car that was not too far. I also wanted a place that would not be super expensive. It also had to have some kid friendly attractions. The winning place?
OMAHA, Nebraska!!!

I know you are all thinking why OMAHA? What could possibly be in OMAHA? Well for starters, my baby brother. Then there is a great zoo(so I've heard) and even a pretty good kids museum. I know I hate kids museums, but the girls don't. So I figured we could make the 7 hour road trip with out husband and be just fine. Plus it will be nice to visit my brother.

I will let you know how it goes. The best part is that since we really don't have much to do when we get back I have a very open return date. I have to be back to get our niece from the airport on Wednesday, but till then nothing! So I packed till Sunday, but who knows. Perhaps I will go another 7 hours and visit peeps in CO. Husband says I can't, but if I'm on the road he can't stop me right?

Well off to watch tv pack.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

i didn't know about the zoo!! :( wish i could go with you guys,darn summer class :(

Alicia said...

Yeah! Come on out! You are welcome and missed by quite a few Colorado citizens! Have fun with your family! Sometimes it's nice to get away!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great time!!
The girls are at great ages to start road trips! This is how memories are made!!

The kids and I are packing up w/o Daddy in a few weeks too!!

Have a fun and safe trip!!!

JCR said...

OMG! Wow. By yourself? Talk about an adventure. Of course I'm going to suggest continuing to Colorado. :) BE SAFE and have a great trip.

Kat said...

Nice! That is where John's grandpa and dad grew up. i was there for a funeral and it is very pretty. Have fun!