Thursday, July 31, 2008

Girl Thoughts


I have become somewhat addicted to the shows What Not To Wear and most recently, How to Look Good Naked. I am forever battling the inner voices of "loose weight" and "love yourself the way you are" Perhaps that is why I enjoy these 2 shows. I do wish that Stacie London would come shopping with me and help me find the perfect outfits. I would love the free cash, but I would even buy the clothes myself if I could get her input. How to Look Good Naked seems to have really hit home with my mental self. It does seem to take "real" women and help them find their outer beauty. I need this too. I swear I go from, "I look good" to "sign me up for lipo" in a matter of minutes. WHY?


I have blogged about all this before and I just don't totally understand why we women don't love ourselves. Why is it that we can tell our friends how great they look, and yet when it is us who is told we look good, just don't believe it? Where did this come from? I blame living with all brothers for most of my life. No one is more mean than a brother. They have the gift of find just the right thing to harp on. Mine teased me relentlessly about my "lard ass" Yet now that I am 35 years old I am sick of thinking that I am still not good enough. My husband likes me, I have beautiful daughters, and good friends. Why don't I feel perfect or at least good enough?


The last thing I want is for my girls to go through this, but I feel it is inevitable.


So I say to all of who are still reading this...YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND SKINNY AND PERFECT. Now go enjoy yourself. I will try to if you do.


2 comments:

Victoria said...

this one made my eyes get teary!! it is so true, our brothers didn't help our self-esteem. YOU ARE PERFECT JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!!

JCR said...

I teared up too, as I have been feeling the exact same way. Especially since I've failed, once again, to stick to WW. I even called my sister this week to tell her she needed to fly out here and give me a makeover. I'm so glad fall is coming. I feel so much prettier in jeans and layered tops.

But I want to echo Vic and I say YOU ARE INDEED PERFECT!!