Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Recap

The day began chilly, but quickly became a perfect weather day. It was not too hot, but sun was shinning and there was a touch of wind. We had a busy, fun-filled day. We began with breakfast at a friend's house, followed by the bike parade. Yes, I live in a town in which they only have a bike parade. It is actually a big deal and there are LOTS of people on their bikes. I We decorate the girl's bikes and hope to win a prize.

B's bike fully decked out in red, white, and blue

Even A got her bike all done up.


We were disappointed when we found out that again we were not winners. I really want to see the winning bikes, so I know how to win next year. I don't think there was a spot on B's bike that was not red, white, or blue. Still no ribbon! Oh well I guess it gives us a goal for next year.

After the parade we gather at the community center for a ton of excitement. There are all you can eat cotton candy and snow cones, 5-6 inflatables for the kids to jump and crawl through till they fall down exhausted, a few crafts, face painting, races, egg toss...and good food. The best part is they have BEER! They only thing we pay for is the food/beer. The rest is FREE! The girls really love that mommy is on a "anything you want" kick. This means that for this one event I don't care how many cotton candies or snow cones they eat. They are in total heaven! They usually get by with 2 of each, however this year I think B made 3 cotton candy trips. (they are not all that big)

We played it smart this year and while most of the kids were in the races, my girls got in the very short line now for face painting. This woman was AMAZING! In just a few minutes this is what B looked like.

Quite the butterfly, huh?


By 1:00 we were finished with all the fun and were ready to head home for a team nap.



We had some of my family over for dinner and then Tom and B went to the fireworks. I think B just fell right into bed totally exhausted for a long eventful day. It was a great 4th and I hope the rest of you had a good one too.













3 comments:

Victoria said...

LOVE the last two pics!

Jen said...

Super cute - you are very organized to have the pics downloaded AND on your blog already!! Impressive! I am charging my camera from yesterday and I still have to download and update the blog!! You go girl!!

Kat said...

What a day!! They are both looking so BIG. I can't believe the butterfly - WOW!!