Monday, July 28, 2008

Road Trip Success

We are home. The 7 hour trip took more like 8 hours, but the girls were great both ways. I was concerned with the potty thing for little A, but she did well. The only problem is her love of new bathrooms. She told me more than once that she had to go, but never really had to. Let me say I fell for this more than once. I even pulled to the side of the road to have her pee in the grass, but funny, she didn't have to go then either. I almost put a pull up on her just so I wouldn't have to stop again, but she seemed to settle her bladder. The trip home was way less potty stops.

Our visit with Uncle Ben and Kylie was great. I even got the break I was looking for :) The girls had so much fun with the 2 of them. We went to the kids museum and the zoo. Both were good but busy. The zoo is a TON of walking. Plus I did not know just how hilly Omaha is. For no mountains, they sure have a lot of hills. The place is full of them! I think the girl's favorite activity was trying on lots of Kylie's shoes and asking Uncle Ben and I what we thought of each pair. They did this every day. It was cute, but after the third day of shoe fashion show I was over it. The park that Uncle Ben took us too was also a huge hit. We went every day as well. It actually was a good park. Lots of shade, nice sand, and fun equipment. A of course was a hit each day as she continued to wow others with her "no fear" attitude. She was climbing on things that older kids (like her sister) wouldn't do.

Good times were had by all and we were all sad when the time to leave had come. I will do this again and still plan to continue to CO. It might have been a long 8 hours, but I still liked it more than flying.

5 comments:

JCR said...

I'm so happy to hear that your trip was a success. And hooray to the girls for being so good. Sounds like a fun trip. Maybe next time we can drive out and meet you there. :)

Jes said...

Oh that would be great to meet there.

Jen said...

Sounds like a fabulous girl trip!! Fun!!

Kat said...

Look at you! Way to go, you are way more adventurous then I.

keiki3 said...

I am considering a trip out east with my little ones... this makes me want to do it even more!