Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Perhaps Duct Tape?

I am beginning to wonder why I ever took down the crib. When the crib bars were up A was not. Now that she is in her big girl bed with out bars, she gets out often. Her new thing is to come down the stairs ever so quietly, saying that she "bumped her head on her bed" I have no idea where or how she could bump it on or in her bed. But that is her ticket downstairs. Next it is that she "wants a bedtime snack."

At first I was not bothered by this. I figured once she got used to the new bed and its freedom things would settle down. Not so much. I am now going to have to result to tough love. No more quick snuggles on the couch, or pieces of string cheese to take back to bed. No, it is now "Go to bed time!" I have tried the counting thing, and that seemed to work most times, I have also begun the I'm not talking to you you are just going right back to bed tactic. Neither seem to be big hits. I did just read on the Goody blog about a sticker chart when she stays in her bed, perhaps we will try that one. If this doesn't work I will have to do the only other thing I can think of...Duct Tape.

2 comments:

Kat said...

You know I am a BIG fan of the duct tape :)

Jen said...

That is too funny...They must be loving their new 'big girl' room!!