Monday, July 7, 2008

My Ears Hurt

For 20 minutes straight all I heard was "Why is that man walking?" "Why are we going this way?" "Why are the houses not moving?" "Why is that lady wearing a hat?" "Why is that dog walking?" and so on and so on. I kid you not. A asked me more questions in the 20 minute car ride than in an entire day. I have no idea why she was so into the WHY questions today, but God it hurt. If I hear another question starting with WHY it will be too soon. I will say some of her questions were thought provoking, yet others (like why the houses are not moving) not so good.

Many of you know B can talk, but I think A can out talk her! I'm sure many of you are thinking that when A out talks ME that will be something. HA-HA-HA! Seriously, I think she can out talk me. My husband swears that after just a few minutes with her his ears are bleeding. Constantly he asks me, "How can I stand it all day with her?"

I'm not even sure I can remember a time when she did not talk. I remember when she didn't have many words to say, but that is about it. It is funny when she talk grown-up. Example: "Don't worry B, you will be fine. It is just camp, so don't be scared." This was told to B on the first day of camp this year. Where does she come up with this stuff? I can only wonder what things come out of her mouth at school.

Thank God she is sleeping, for it is the only time her mouth is closed. How I do love the quiet. But then again I do love her little voice.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

she is a non-stop gabber...like the rest of us girls :)

JCR said...

A is so cute. Today Tato was talking so much I asked him to give me 5 minutes without talking. Then I felt bad, knowing that one day when he's all grown up I'll miss his sweet little voice. And that's with just ONE kid talking... :)

Jen said...

Those constant questions can get to you at times constant but I will take a question over a whine any day!!

Kat said...

Grady is in the "why" stage and most days the blood oozes out of my ears. Make them stop!! Maybe we need to get them together soon so they can talk to each other instead of us!